Dentist explains the benefits of CEREC Crowns
Dental crowns are a common every day treatment in dentistry, and are indicated when large portions of a tooth are decayed or broken beyond the limits of what a filling can fix. They improve oral health and the appearance of a smile as well when used with cosmetic materials such as porcelain. In the past, the process of receiving a dental crown took upwards of three weeks, multiple appointments, and a temporary restoration that would be worn while the final crown is being made. But not anymore. Dental Designs of Maryland offers at its White Marsh, MD location a same-day crown restoration using CEREC technology. CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics is a light step forward in dental technology that allows us to create a dental crown in one appointment. This improves the patient experience and eliminates the hassle of getting a crown. Patients near White Marsh, MD and Perry Hall, MD who are interested in learning about the benefits of CEREC technology should call us today at 410-931-9400. How Does a CEREC Same-Day Crown Work? If your dentist determines that you need a crown, we will proceed by anesthetizing the area and preparing the tooth for a dental crown. At this point, using specialized equipment, your dentist will take a 3D digital scan of the tooth which is then sent to our proprietary software. This software uses the images to create a 3D model of the tooth and sophisticated algorithms help your dentist design the crown based on the adjacent and opposing teeth. This ensures the shape, contour, and bite are perfect. This design is transferred to a milling machine which fabricates the dental crown out of a solid block of porcelain. The crown is then polished and bonded into place in your mouth, all in one appointment! Advantages of CEREC Same-Day Crowns At Dental Designs of Maryland, select locations featuring CEREC technology will be able to design, mill, and bond beautiful ceramic crowns same-day. Using the advanced CEREC imaging, scanning, and milling system, your smile will be restored in a single appointment, saving you time and hassle. The biggest advantages of CEREC same-day crowns are:
- Convenience – Everybody is busy these days and making multiple appointments to the dentist for your crown can be a source of inconvenience. Finding time to take off work or arranging for childcare can often introduce more cost than just the crown itself. CEREC allows us to, in most instances create a beautiful lifelike restoration in one visit, saving you from the burden of arranging multiple appointments.
- Strong, Durable Restoration – CEREC same-day crowns are made of the same porcelain material as lab made crowns. In fact, the materials we use chairside with the CEREC system are from the same companies that produce these dental materials. They are every bit as strong and durable as a lab made crown, just quicker and easier!
- No Temporary Crown – Traditionally you would need to wear a plastic temporary crown for three weeks while an off site lab fabricates your crown. This can irritate the gum tissue, cause shifting in teeth, or the temporary may fall off before the final crown is finished. CEREC eliminates all of those concerns since by the time you leave our practice, you will have a permanent crown bonded on.
- No Messy Impressions – CEREC restorations use a 3D digital scanner instead of the traditional goopy impression material. No bad taste, no gagging, much quicker, and more accurate.
- Natural Looking – CEREC crowns are custom color matched to blend into natural teeth, so that no one can tell you have a restoration.
At Dental Designs of Maryland, we offer CEREC same day crowns that give our patients convenience and peace of mind. If you live in White Marsh, MD or Perry Hall, MD and would like more information about our CEREC same day crowns, please give us a call at 410-931-9400 to schedule an appointment with one of our wonderful dentists.