Cracked, chipped, and discolored teeth can be embarrassing for the people who see them every day when they look in the mirror. Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that can improve the appearance of smiles by repairing these dental problems.
If you live with damaged and discolored teeth, you can find high-quality dental services in White Marsh, MD at Dental Designs of Maryland – White Marsh, MD. Our qualified team of professionals will work with you to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding or composite bonding is a type of dental restoration that uses a tooth-colored resin to repair the teeth. The dentist must prepare each tooth by roughening the surface without removing the tooth enamel. This process will help the bonding resin material better adhere to the teeth.
Once the dentist prepares the teeth, they will apply the bonding resin material to each tooth and shape it to achieve the desired results. A special light will then harden the material. Finally, the dentist will polish the teeth to give them a natural and glossy appearance.
This bonding material helps to treat several different dental problems, including:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Dental Bonding vs. Veneers
One of the most common concerns people have is recognizing the difference between dental bonding procedures and veneers. Both techniques improve the appearance of each smile, but the main difference comes down to cost and longevity.
Veneers are more durable and can last for 10 to 20 years with proper care. Dental bonding is a more conservative treatment option that can help treat many different dental problems, and this procedure is also less expensive than veneers.
Benefits of Teeth Bonding
Teeth bonding is ideal for anyone looking to improve the appearance of their smile. Here are some of the benefits many patients have experienced:
- Enhanced smile appearance – Dental bonding is an excellent option for anyone looking to improve their smile’s appearance. It is a less expensive and less invasive option than veneers or crowns. It is also a quick and easy procedure that usually only takes one visit to the dentist.
- Durability – Dental bonding is also quite durable and can last many years with proper care.
- Increased confidence – One of the best benefits of dental bonding is the increased confidence that comes with a beautiful smile. Patients no longer have to hide their smiles or feel self-conscious about their teeth.
How Long Does Dental Composite Bonding Last?
Dental composite bonding is an excellent solution for anyone looking to improve the appearance of their smile. But how long does dental bonding last? With proper care, composite bonding can last four to eight years. It’s essential to practice good oral hygiene habits and visit our office for regular checkups and cleanings to ensure that your dental bonding lasts for as long as possible.
Dental Bonding Aftercare Practices
Taking care of your teeth after your dental bonding procedure is important. Here are some aftercare tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid habits that stain or damage your bonding, such as smoking or chewing on ice.
- Be careful when eating sticky or chewy foods.
- Be mindful of the foods and drinks you consume. Coffee, tea, and red wine can all stain your bonding.
- Practice good oral hygiene habits. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily.
- See your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings.
Find Dental Bonding in White Marsh, MD at Dental Designs of Maryland – White Marsh, MD
When it’s time to take the next step and schedule your dental bonding, give Dental Designs of Maryland – White Marsh, MD a call. Our team of experts will work with you to help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
Contact our office today at 410.834.4284 to schedule your consultation.